Model 060 Overview
Acrison's Model 060 is an industrial-duty, variable speed SCR/DC motor controller providing accurate and dependable speed control of direct current (DC) motors used primarily as variable speed drives for Acrison's various model feeders.
Utilizing latest state-of-the-art digital and microprocessor technology, Acrison's Model 060 SCR/DC Motor Controller has been robustly designed to ensure years of dependable, trouble-free service, even in the harshest environments. From its streamlined appearance, to its electrically isolated I/O, to its ease-of-use, the Model 060 provides exceptional precision in controlling the speed of fractional to 5 horsepower DC motors.
The Model 060 is available in two sizes. In one configuration, the Model 060 will control DC motors ranging from 1/8 to 1 horsepower (inclusive). In a second configuration, the Model 060 Controller will operate 2 to 5 horsepower DC motors. The standard enclosure for each configuration is dust-tight/water-tight. Optional mountings and enclosures are also available.
The Model 060 Controller will operate with either armature or tachometer feedback, with the motor speed regulation for each mode of operation described under Specifications.
- Full wave rectification.
- Three digit digital thumbwheel speed selector.
- Current limiting (power-on indicator blinks whenever current limiting is activated).
- Adjustable minimum and maximum speed settings.
- Adjustable IR compensation (for armature feedback).
- Circuit breaker On/Off switch.
- Remote run dry contact closure inputs.
- Output speed signal (0-10 VDC, 5 mA maximum).
- Standard enclosure is dust-tight/water-tight.
- Speed range (from maximum speed):
- 30:1 with armature feedback
- Speed regulation: ± 2 percent of selected speed
- Linearity: ± 2 percent of maximum speed (1800 RPM)
- Repeatability: ± 0.5 percent of set point.
- 50:1 with digital tachometer feedback
- Speed regulation: ± 0.5 percent of selected speed.
- Linearity: ± 0.25 percent of maximum speed (1800 RPM).
- Repeatability: ± 0.1 percent of set point.
- Ambient temperature range (in enclosure): -20 to +40 degrees Centigrade.
- Input voltage: 115/230 VAC (± 10%) 50/60 Hz., single phase
- Armature voltage: 0-90/0-180 VDC
- Field voltage: 100/200 VDC, 3 amps maximum
- For 1/8 to 1 horsepower DC motors:
- Measures 11.8 x 6.7 x 4.7 inches including heatsink.
- Weight: 5 Lbs.
- For 2 to 5 horsepower DC motors:
- Measures 11.8 x 11.4 x 6.1 inches including heatsink.
- Weight: 15 Lbs.
- Digital speed indicator (3 digit).
- Plate mounting.
- JIC or NEMA enclosures.
- Circuit breaker lock.
- Isolated run and alarm SSR outputs, rated 24-280 VAC, 4 amps with 4000 volt isolation.
- Direct or ratio set point select.
- External Inputs:
- 4-20 mA (250 ohm).
- 10-50 mA (100 ohm).
- 0-6 VDC (600K ohm).
- 0-10 VDC (200K ohm).
- Output Signals:
- 4-20 mA (250 ohm, maximum).
- 10-50 mA (100 ohm, maximum).
- 0-6 VDC (2K ohm, maximum).
- 0-10 VDC (2K ohm, maximum).
- Numerous protocols available for Serial communications.
Model 040 Overview
Acrison's Model 040 is an inexpensive, industrial-duty, armature feedback, variable speed SCR-DC motor controller providing dependable speed control of direct current (DC) motors used primarily as variable speed drives for Acrison's various model feeders.
The Model 040 Controller's NEMA 4 (IP-65) Enclosure is designed for applications requiring washdown water-tight integrity. Its housing is ruggedly constructed of die cast aluminum which is protected with an acrylic coating for the ultimate in corrosion resistance. All switches are sealed with rubber boots and the main speed potentiometer contains a shaft seal.
The Model 040 Controller is available in two configurations: the Basic Model 040, which includes the standard features below, and either an Analog Input Module or a Serial Communication Module. The Analog Input Module provides isolation and accepts either 0-25 VDC, 0-120 VDC, 1-5 mADC, 4-20 mADC or 10-50 mADC. The Serial Communication Module provides current loop serial communication to interface with an Acrison weigh feeder controller. Both options utilize an auto/hand switch for either manual set pot control or automatic control from the external source.
- Power on, current limiting and stop LEDs
- Electronic overload protection
- Current limiting
- Armature feedback
- Adjustable minimum and maximum speed settings
- Adjustable IR compensation
- Adjustable acceleration and deceleration settings
- Enclosure is NEMA 4X and IP-65 washdown and water-tight for indoor and/or outdoor use
- For 1/8 to 1 horsepower DC motors
- Speed range (from maximum speed): 30:1
- Load regulation: ±1 percent of base speed
- Linearity: ±0.5 percent of base speed
- Ambient temperature range: 0 to 50 degrees Centigrade.
- Input voltage: 115 or 230 VAC (± 10%), 50/60 Hertz, single phase
- Armature voltage: 0-90 or 0-180 VDC
- Field voltage: 100 or 200 VDC
- Current limiting: 0-200 percent of range setting
- Timed current limiting: 0.5-15 seconds
- Size: 5.9" wide x 9.5" high x 5.0" deep (150 mm x 241 mm x 127 mm)
- Weight: 4.5 lbs. (2.04 kg)
- RFI Filter Kit (shipped loose)