Acrison’s various Model 260 Weigh Belt Weighers and Weigh Belt Feeders are precision, heavy-duty, high capacity devices designed to weigh and/or totalize the flow of dry solid materials in a Wild-Flow configuration, or to meter dry solid materials in a controlled Closed-Loop configuration as a weigh feeder.
When operating as a Weigher and/or Totalizer – The Model 260 (WF) continuously weighs product passing across the belt, producing an output directly proportional to the weight of product flow. In this mode of operation, belt speed is constant and the rate of flow is not controlled, it is only weighed. A state-of-the-art control system continuously monitors and totalizes the flow of material, displays the rate at which product is flowing, and produces a precise proportional to weight output signal, which can be used for various process functions.
When operating as a Weigh Feeder – The Model 260(F) continuously controls the feed rate (or rate of product discharge off the belt) in relation to a feed rate set point, via modulation of the belt speed by a state-of-the-art control system. In this mode of operation, the belt, driven by a variable speed motor, is continuously regulated to precisely maintain the selected feed rate.
- Metering Accuracy - is typically +/- 0.25 to 1% or better (error) at two sigma based upon a given number of consecutive one minute weighments
- Unique Ratiometric Digital Weight Resolver - is extremely precise, calibration and adjustment-free, and cannot be damaged by any amount of shock or overload the weighing system may experience
- Dust-Tight Construction – provides total product confinement from inlet to outlet
- Technologically Advanced Weighing Mechanism - frictionless in operation, extremely stable, ruggedly constructed and permanently calibrated
- Heavy-Duty Multi-Ply Belt – is reinforced, vulcanized endless and designed for long life
- Heavy-Duty Belt Pulleys – are designed for reliable belt tracking and positive traction
- Onboard Alarms – indicate belt mis-tracking
- Belt Scrapers – ensure a clean belt both externally and internally
- Support Idlers – (on bottom side of belt) maintain smooth belt operation, ensure optimum weight sensing, and enhance belt life
- All Steel Construction - provides long-term durability with minimal maintenance requirements
- Weighing System:
- Technologically advanced, state-of-the-art lever network utilizing Acrison designed and manufactured heavy-duty stainless steel flexures for all pivotal connections. Located out of the product area.
- Acrison Flexures provide optimum structural rigidity of the lever network, frictionless operation and ensure permanence of the weighing system’s accuracy and calibration
- Ratiometric Weight Resolver System:
- Linear to within 0.01%; repeatable to 0.005%; possesses long term stability of 0.005% (10,000 hours), and carries a 40,000 hour MTBF
- FM (Factory Mutual) Approved and Listed for operation in hazardous environments
- Output Capacities:
- 24” Belt—2800 cubic feet per hour
- 30” Belt—5200 cubic feet per hour
- 36” Belt—7100 cubic feet per hour
- Feed Range: 20:1 from the maximum designed output capacity of the specific model or size feeder
- Ambient Temperature Operating Range: -10 to 150°F
- Electrical Power Requirements: Either 115/1/60 or 230/1/60 depending upon the feeder model or size. Motors are totally enclosed
- Automatic belt tracking system
- High temperature construction
- Dust collection hopper and scavenger screw located beneath the feeder's main structure
- All stainless steel construction (excluding the belt, motors, gear-reducers, bearings, etc.)
- Hazardous area electrical construction