Model 500 Polymair® Dry/Liquid Polymer Preparation System
Acrison’s Model 500 Polymair Preparation System cuts water and wastewater treatment costs through the accurate metering, positive dispersion, and complete wetting of dry and liquid polymers. The Model 500 Preparation System automatically and efficiently prepares a homogeneous and precise solution from either dry or liquid polymers at moderate to high capacities.
For wetting dry polymers, the Model 500 System utilizes a novel dry air atomizing system and cyclone wetting chamber, especially effective when handling dry polymers possessing a very fine particle size. Liquid polymers are metered into Acrison’s exclusive, highly efficient dispersion injector where they are mixed with water and then discharged into the system’s mixing tank.
- An Acrison Model W105Z Dissimilar Speed, Double Concentric Auger Volumetric Feeder is used to meter dry polymer – ensures positive, accurate and reliable feed of dry polymer into the Cyclone Wetting Chamber
- Easy Operation – provides automatic transfer from dry to liquid or liquid to dry operation without equipment modification
- Skid-mounted System – completely assembled and mounted on a skid type base (mixing/aging tank shipped separately when furnished with system)
- All Steel Construction – provides long-term durability with minimal maintenance requirements
- Aging tank(s) – can be configured to allow maximum flexibility, especially for installation in areas having space limitations. Equipped with ultrsonic level transmitter for non-contact measurement, changable set points, and continuous level display.
- All contact parts are 304 stainless steel except for the Cyclone Wetting Chamber, metering auger, and transfer valve which are 316 stainless steel
- An Acrison Model W105Z Series Dissimilar Speed, Double Concentric Auger Volumetric Feeder for metering dry polymers; powered by a 1 horsepower, totally enclosed AC or DC gearmotor. The feeder is completely dust-tight and sealed to shield the hygroscopic polymer from the atmosphere
- Operated by an Allen-Bradley PLC with a 10-inch color touch screen operator interface, and includes Ethernet capability as standard
- Various materials of construction
- Integral feeder supply hoppers of various capacities
- Integral dust collector/bag dump station
- Various DC and AC variable speed motor controllers and control modes
- Liquid polymer metering/blending package with Acrison’s exclusive Dispersion Injector
- Polymer solution metering pump
- Various size and configuration mixing/aging tanks to suit application parameters